How do I mount my wall plate to the wall?
July 08 2019
If you build a custom wall plate that only has ports for data (no power outlets) you probably only need a low voltage mounting bracket to attach it directly to your drywall. Double check with local building requirements and see if this can work for you.
The process of mounting a wall plate with a low voltage mounting bracket is very easy.
- Pick the location where you want the plate. You'll want a location that isn't likely to have power, HVAC or water pipes so don't mount it directly above or below air vents, power outlets or plumbing fixtures.
- Hold the bracket to the wall and trace the INSIDE of it with a pencil.
- Use a keyhole saw to cut along the outside of the pencil line.
- Insert the bracket and tighten the screws to lock it in place.
- Screw the wall plate into the bracket.